Workspace when you need it.
Coworking is a flexible alternative to a home office, real office, and cafe. Please contact us for rental availability.
Located in downtown Davis, The Work Shop is intended for freelancers, telecommuters, poets, playwrights, programmers, designers, dissertators, educators, and anyone else who needs a productive space to work on a short-term or long-term project.
Escape the isolation and dirty dishes at home, the pressure of your boss and work phone in your real office, or the crowds and occupied electrical outlets of the cafe. Bring your laptop or pen and paper, and even your favorite chair if you want; you will find wi-fi, desk or table space, electrical outlets, peace and quiet, and other independent and creative people who are getting their work done.
- The Work Shop consists of two spaces: a quiet work space and a cell phone space.
- Short phone calls within the quiet work space are fine (< 1 minute); longer calls are to be taken in the cell phone space, the balcony, or outside.
- Same as above for face-to-face conversations.
- Everyone cleans up after themselves (to see who belongs to the cleaning crew, look in the mirror).
- All coworkers are invited to bring a chair of their own. If others are not invited to use it in your absence, a note with your name must be kept on it at all times.
- After hours, rules 1-3 may go out the window, depending on coworkers’ needs (the space can be used for gatherings of all kinds, according to coworker interests).
Note: These apply during the experimental phase in the current space; if you have needs not met by these rules, please fill out our survey and let us know what you are looking for (button at the top of the page).
Availability and waitlist system (subject to change)
- 7 desks are available (5 in the quiet work space and 2 in the cell phone space), with a waitlist created once those are taken.
1) The conference room is to be reserved if you are using it for meetings or long phone calls (conference calls). a. If you would like to reserve the room please email or call Angela @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-475-2662. b. She will be managing the master calendar, so there is no confusion. It will be posted weekly for everyone to see in the main room. c. Remember this is a co- working space, so even though you may have reserved it, others can go in and out. 2) Be respectful of the people around you working....read more
The Workshop will be hosting two artists for the October Art About! Wes Hardaker’s “Drama in the Sky” photography and Danielle Collins’ “Forgotten Spaces” photography will be available for viewing at the Art About and by appointment through October. The Workshop is also proud to have poetry art for your reading pleasure provided courtesy of our resident poet, Mimi Kusch. Please join us for food, drinks, and amazing photographic art from 6 – 9 pm on Friday, October 11th. We look forward to your...read more
Art About: This Friday we will be hosting an Art About for our own artist: Wes Hardaker. The beautiful photos on the wall were provided by Wes (thank you!!!) and if you want to check out more of his art: http://capturedonearth.com/ This is likely the last Art About for a few months so if you have time, please come by and have a drink, some food, and celebrate the talent of one of your fellow co-workers!read more
This Friday we are hosting the Davis Art About at the Workshop from 6 to 9 pm. This month’s featured artist is Moses Salgado. You can find out more about his art on his website: http://www.mosessalgado.com/read more
Happy Birthday to the Workshop! It’s been ONE year that The Workshop has been in operation!read more
Moses Salgado will be hanging his art this evening. There will be a March Art About. Please check out his art: http://www.mosessalgado.com/read more
We may be opening an additional space not far from here. It would likely not be open until the Spring at the earliest. Current members will have the opportunity to decide whether they want to move to the new space or stay in the existing space.read more
Due to a flurry of new applicants the Work Shop is currently at capacity. Please watch this space or follow our social networking sites to find out when we will have new time slots or desks available.read more
The Work Shop is now offering ‘cell phone’ space in an adjacent office next to the quiet work space. If you are interested in coworking and you often talk on the phone, then this may be an ideal option for you! Please contact us for more details at: email@example.com more
This month The Workshop will feature photographer Stephan Telm’s “Beauty, Hidden In Plain View.” If you wish to view this art, please email for an appointment. About Workshop EventsPart of our goal here at The Work Shop is to be involved with the community. Davis is a town that lends itself easily to this goal – as local shops and businesses collaborate often to put on events and help each other out! Check back here often for upcoming events – and if you have any suggestions regarding other town community events The...read more